The EF is worked up to announce the outcomes of the Medalla data challenge, an information hackathon centered on the Medalla testnet ✨
The immediate was open-ended: we requested for knowledge instruments, visualizations, and analyses of testnet knowledge; briefly, something that might assist the group make sense of all the information.
Over the course of six weeks we obtained 23 submissions from all kinds of groups. We had been happy to see prime quality submissions for each class.
Prizes are divided into three tiers primarily based on scope, extensibility, and usefulness to the group.
🥇 Gold ($15k prize)
- Jim McDonald — chaind, a device for extracting knowledge from a operating eth2 shopper and storing it in a PostgreSQL database. Notably, this device was utilized by a number of different groups who submitted to the information problem.
- Pintail — a sequence of weblog posts (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) evaluating shopper efficiency, learning community conduct, and discussing validator effectiveness.
🥈 Silver ($5k prize)
- Sid Shekhar and Elias Simos — a wide-ranging study of eth2 knowledge.
- Evgeny Medvedev of Nansen — an extension of the ethereum-etl device to eth2, in addition to a BigQuery database dump of eth2 knowledge.
- Nate McKervey of Splunk — a blog post and dashboard learning Ethereum community well being.
🥉 Bronze ($1k prize)
The goals of this contest had been to welcome new minds into the Ethereum group, encourage them to pore over eth2 knowledge, make it simpler to parse and analyse, and supply invaluable insights to each builders and the group at giant. To that finish, the competitors has been a fantastic success, and we suspect that most of the instruments and analyses produced will probably be helpful as mainnet goes reside.
If you happen to’re curious about selecting up the place any of those submissions left off, please take into account making use of for a staking community grant!